wxruby-dev

RE: [Wxruby-dev] my wxruby starting version

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [Wxruby-dev] my wxruby starting version
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 00:37:56 -0700

Gour wrote:

> Park Heesob (address@hidden) wrote:
>
> > Hi, wxRuby developers?
> >
> > Recently I started working on wxRuby again.
>
> Hey, it's great news!
>
> Yesterday I contacted Robert Roebling, author of wxDesigner, asking him
> whether we can expect Ruby support if we get wxRuby.
>
> Hos reply was: "Yes!".

That is also good news. I tried to contact him several months ago and got no
reply (maybe my email got lost in the noise). Anyway that is definitely good
news.

The main problem we have with the wxRuby project is finding someone with the
time and bandwidth to take primary ownership of the project to move it
forward. Neither Bob Calco nor myself have had extra time to spend on it. A
couple months or so ago it looked like Peter (who posts here as "repeater")
was going to fill this role (and its possible he is still doing so but just
laboring away in isolation -- if so, Peter, please speak up).

Park, if you are planning to pick this up again that would be great -- after
all, we are using your code. I can still act as a facilitator, and tester
(writing a FreeRIDE plugin to use wxRuby as its GUI renderer), but I still
won't be able to do any actual development.

So, is anyone willing to officially take the lead role in wxRuby
development?  Park?  Peter? (both?)

Curt