www-it-traduzioni

Re: [www-it-traduzioni] Translation of "General Public License"

From: Giorgio Padrin
Subject: Re: [www-it-traduzioni] Translation of "General Public License"
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:05:14 +0100

> Please replace that with the Italian word for "general".
> In Spanish we say "Licencia Pública General".

You'd be no surprised to know that the italian word for gener-al is gener-ale,
as for gener-ic is gener-ica.

In fact, generic(a) and general(e), they are the same two words among english,
spanish, french, portoguese
and italian, the mere same common words, only the writing is changing trivially
among these places on earth.

So we as translators don't have any work at all to do, not even translate words,
just write the same word in italian.

I don't know how it happened the italian translation changed the word
generale(e)
in generic(a), it's a change of word without reason and it sounds odd to
me. These days I encountered a block in some persons to fix the thing,
an attachment to the old translation, it's obviously a mind phenomenon in some
persons as far I can see. I'm in discomfort with this block in the
persons, this attachment.

giorgio

--
Giorgio Padrin