traverso-user

Re: [Traverso-user] Traverso forum

From: Thomas Orgis
Subject: Re: [Traverso-user] Traverso forum
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 21:51:46 +0200

Am Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:52:22 -0400
schrieb Greg Alexander <address@hidden>:

> It basically looks like someone has been
> totally restructuring traverso so that it looks basically the same as
> every other DAW, abandoning the quirky keyboard interface

WTF? I just wanted to note that I was somewhat aware of routing bein in git; I
think I remember wanting to try that out, but I had some crashes that forbade
further testing without bug hunting. I think. The should have made a release
with the routing. But, well, I know how it is to develop some cool software in
the repo for years, perpetually thinking that it is _so_ close to being nice
enough for releasing.

Now ... when all what was needed (apart from any internal code overhaul) was
making the thing stable and pushing a release ... someone stepped in and
removed the one thing that made Traverso really cool? I must admit that I
didn't really explore the old way as Traverso just wasn't stable / complete
enough to have the prospect of replacing Ardour for me. I'd have to check it
out before/after to _really_ have an opinion ... but ... well, I was always
waiting for the next release as a sign of hope. Now, what?

Alrighty then,

Thomas

PS: Of course funny how the people interested in Traverso seem to be coders who
don't have enough time to code ...