traverso-user

Re: [Traverso-user] Traverso forum

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-user] Traverso forum
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 17:39:13 +0200

I'm alive!!!

:D

First I'll get myself a decent dinner, then I'll finish with a plate of discussing if Traverso is all changed or not ;)

But on a quick note:

The interaction with the GUI has NOT changed to be a point and click interface, not at all! It has only been streamlined and made more consistent, and yes, that included removing the << K >> type and < < K K > > type of keyboard actions, since most of the users were unable to perform them reliably. The keyboard/mouse interface has simply been polished and simplified and as a result editing speed has been vastly improved, learning curve has been decreased vastly, and keystroke mistakes been virtually eliminated.

But now first that diner :)

Remon

address@hidden

> I faintly remember these optics. I must have had a short look  back
> then. Damn, traverso has been living at a back corner of my perception
> for all that time, it's always there, but man, it's dark back in that
> corner.

That's what happens when you can't pay your electricity bills. :)

> > Oh and I just installed liblilv-dev (debian-unstable) to get it to build.
>
> Ah, that. Right. Seems like I got stuck at building the current git for
> Source Mage (v4hn: I got some partial spells, prerequesites serd and
> sord ... but my lilv spell is not pushed to the repo cause it did not
> work yet). Those LV2 plugins really are a software overengineering
> mess, gut feeling from a distro packager:-/

Yeah.. I'll have a look at it next month probably..

> What really would be ineteresting in this thread would be some sign of
> life from remon ...

Maybe if we cry for him everyone...

v4hn