traverso-user

Re: [Traverso-user] Traverso forum

From: Greg Alexander
Subject: Re: [Traverso-user] Traverso forum
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:46:31 -0400

Hi again -

Well, screenshots for you to decide:

http://galexander.org/pics/traverso/traverso-0.49.1.png
http://galexander.org/pics/traverso/traverso-git.png

I right clicked in the control area at the left of the track and then
moused over to the Sheet menu, to show an example of what's different.
It's clear that the transition is not complete, but the unique
keyboard-click behavior of older traverso is clearly being replaced with
more traditional control+shift+x sort of things. I think really it's just
cosmetic -- I didn't use it enough to say if it is still as convenient to
use.  So it's definitely not abandoned, but on the other hand I would say
that if the goal was to just finish up the rough spots in 0.49, it's
going on a different path.  That kind of thing happens with volunteer
software. :)

Anyways, I didn't need anything complicated so I am happy with the gift
of 0.49.

Oh and I just installed liblilv-dev (debian-unstable) to get it to build.
I'm still using gcc 4.6.3, but the other header issue shouldn't be too
hard to sort out...  cmake/automake sort of things are never quite as
good as you'd want for dependencies.

Cheers,
- Greg