traverso-user

Re: [Traverso-user] Traverso forum

From: v4hn
Subject: Re: [Traverso-user] Traverso forum
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 23:05:21 +0200

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:52:22AM -0400, Greg Alexander wrote:
> [...] It basically looks like someone has been
> totally restructuring traverso so that it looks basically the same as
> every other DAW, abandoning the quirky keyboard interface (i.e., no more
> double-keyboard-click functions).  I don't mean to criticize that
> decision, but it means that at the moment the git repository is much less
> functional and polished than the old one, and simultaneously has
> abandoned everything I found charming about the old one (I *really* love
> the keyboard/mouse balance in the 0.49.2 release traverso).

It would be a real shame to see this innovative interface design gone,
but I kind of doubt your observations here, sorry. Though I can not
check it myself because the current version in git doesn't even
compile with gcc 4.7.1 due to a missing unistd include in Project.cpp and

> /home/v4hn/repos/traverso/src/plugins/PluginManager.h:27:23: fatal error:
> lilv/lilv.h: No such file or directory

even though cmake tells me it disabled lilv support because it's not available..

> On the other
> hand, the new traverso surely would have much broader appeal (easier
> learning curve), if anyone did finish the rest of the transition.

It's a fully featured DAW. No one cares for an easy learning curve for
such a tool! People can still use audacity if the prefer something simple.

v4hn