tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] tlf without hamlib?

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] tlf without hamlib?
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 21:34:29 +0100

Hi Zoli,

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 09:19:45PM +0100, Csahok Zoltan wrote:
> Hi Ervin, hi Tom,
>
> Thanks for your replies. So, if there are no further objections
> then I put making hamlib mandatory on the top of my list.
>
> In fact it seems that even xmlrpc is compiled in the packaged versions.
> But that I would not touch now.

the xmlrpc related code was my work - it necessary for the Fldigi
interface (that's the Fldigi's "official" interface to
communicate with external applications).

I guess the most Tlf user compiles the binary from source,
instead of use the packaged version of current distro.

The Hamlib is - as you wrote - the de-facto RIG interface on
Linux, so it should be a strict part of Tlf, I think not so much
user wants to ignore it.

But also I guess, the most user doesn't want to use the xmlrpc,
so I'ld keep it as it now exists - just for your info.

73, Ervin