tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] tlf without hamlib?

From: Csahok Zoltan
Subject: [Tlf-devel] tlf without hamlib?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 18:52:33 +0100

Hi,

Currently tlf has an optional hamlib support. I guess it's optional due
to historical reasons: hamlib may have been not always available or unstable
in the past.
Now hamlib is the de-facto standard rig control library for Linux.
A quick check of official debian tlf packages shows that in all versions
hamlib support is compiled in.

The question: could we make hamlib support mandatory?
The advantage of this change is that all code parts not using hamlib
could be disposed of (incl. #ifdef's). Functionally there should be no
drawbacks,
as rig control can be disabled with the -r option.

What do you think? Is there a use case for tlf compiled without hamlib?

73,
Zoli
ha5cqz