tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] code indenting?

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] code indenting?
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 21:58:36 +0100

Hi Zoli,

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 09:33:43PM +0100, Csahok Zoltan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Another topic: as the code has grown over the time and many authors
> contributed to it the formatting is inherently not consistent.
>
> GNU indent is a powerful tool for C source formatting and present in any
> modern Linux distro. We could define a common style simply by setting up
> an .indent.pro file.
> see http://www.gnu.org/software/indent/manual/indent.html#SEC4
>
> I have no particular formatting preferences provided that tab size is 4.
> Any suggestions?

I know (superficially) the indent, and support to use it.

I agree the 4 for tab size. I preference the -br (if I interpret
it as right way), and no other expectation.

Anyway, could be review the all possible options, and made a
project file as you describe, with different setup.

Then reformat the source tree with that, and compare the new
format with the old one. The minimal difference wins. :)

I'll try to do this at next days - but I'll wait Thomas's
opinion.

73, Ervin