tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] code indenting?

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] code indenting?
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 14:40:56 +0100

Am Thu, 25 Jan 2018 15:50:05 -0600
schrieb Nate Bargmann <address@hidden>:

> * On 2018 25 Jan 09:29 -0600, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> > Copy it to a file with name '.astylerc' and test with
> >
> > $ astyle --option=.astylerc < infile > outfile
>
> If the file is ~/.astylerc then '--option=' is not necessary.
>
> I actually have my own astylerc in my home directory and use
> '--option=' to use the file in the Hamlib scripts/ directory when
> formatting Hamlib files, which I've not done for a while...

Right, that is the full story.

I tried to avoid cluttering your homedirs, so I choose the --option=
variant.

> > I used 'meld' for comparison of old and new. There are mostly
> > whitespace changes. You can filter out these differences in the meld
> > preferences box and leave only the main structural ones.
>
> Some times I use the file comparison feature of Midnight Commander and
> other times I use the Magit package in Emacs.

There are always quite a lot of ways to do one thing. I am not an Emacs
guy (bitten instead by vi). So I am sure there should be also a way to
do it there ....

73, Tom

--
"Do what is needful!"