tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Radio change mode problem

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Radio change mode problem
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 08:41:59 +0100

Hi Ed,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 08:23:38PM -0500, Ed wrote:
> If tlf is going to expect LSB for digi mode, then fldigi will be a
> no go.

I don't understand this - in December, I've made a patch for Tlf
(Thomas had been merged that to master branch), which calculates
the accurate QRG for Tlf (if Fldigi doesn't communicate with RIG,
only Tlf asks Fldigi for the value of carrier on waterfall).

When I made that patch, I've tested the Tlf and Fldigi
communications, and Fldigi can works in LSB and USB mode too.

Note, that in LSB mode (on RIG), the Fldigi can works only in
reverse mode.

> As I said earlier, fldigi modems are all USB. So I need tlf's
> digi mode to be USB compatible for all digital modes.

I'm afraid this isn't correct.
Anyway, I don't see the relation between Tlf digimode, and RIG
LSB/USB mode...

> I urged Rein and Dave to get together so that tlf and fldigi would
> talk to each other. Somewhere along the line that has changed. I
> setup tlf in the digi mode, everything worked except power out. I
> was using PKT-U in the FT-950. I did not try using LSB because I
> know it will not work as that is not what fldigi is expecting.

there is a plan that we'll make a better Fldigi interface for
Tlf, it would be better to drop the current file-through
communication. Hope I can start it soon.

73, Ervin