tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Radio change mode problem

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Radio change mode problem
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 20:23:38 -0500

On 01/26/2016 04:06 PM, Nate Bargmann wrote:
* On 2016 26 Jan 09:43 -0600, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:

Note, that I'm not sure, there is a right way to do that -
I'm afraid, there isn't any reliable method to detect, which is
your _logmode_ (not RIG mode!), I mean, if you want to work in
AFSK, you'll select the LSB mode on your RIG, but choose DIGI
mode in Tlf.

That was a bug I noticed the other evening looking at something else,
that only LSB is available for digi modes.  As I plan to expand to
interfacing with Fldigi I am going to have to fix this one since I need
to use PKTUSB with the K3 for PSK31 and PKTLSB for RTTY.  Others may
need to use the RTTY mode as well.  A quick thought is to add a key word
to the logcfg.dat vocabulary such as 'RIG_DIGIMODE=' and then the op
could select whichever is needed for his setup and Tlf would set the rig
mode to RIG_DIGIMODE, etc.

73, Nate

If tlf is going to expect LSB for digi mode, then fldigi will be a no go. As I said earlier, fldigi modems are all USB. So I need tlf's digi mode to be USB compatible for all digital modes.

I urged Rein and Dave to get together so that tlf and fldigi would talk to each other. Somewhere along the line that has changed. I setup tlf in the digi mode, everything worked except power out. I was using PKT-U in the FT-950. I did not try using LSB because I know it will not work as that is not what fldigi is expecting.

I noticed some things that may or may not be of use, but starting from a terminal I see this

W: connect_to_flrig: created flrig client 127.0.0.1, 12345

and this when I closed fldigi

close: Stopping XML-RPC server

I'm not a programmer or developer, just someone that has worked with Dave for the last 10 years on fldigi and friends.

BTW I used fldigi in the waterfall only mode.

Ed W3NR