tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Hamlib + tlf + FreeBSD

From: Jim
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Hamlib + tlf + FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 06:27:23 -0600

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:30:19 -0600
Nate Bargmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> I take it this is TLF's configure script?

Yes.

> This should work as it is the generic location for the Hamlib header
> files when it is built locally.  Is rig.h there?  What are its
> permissions?  It should probably have 0644 at a minimum.  Can you as a
> normal user cd into /usr/local/include/hamlib and view rig.h and other
> files?

0644, and yes, I have no problem reading it as 'little ole me'.

> > Anyone figured this one out?  Thanks.
>
> The configure script is generated from other scripts on the
> developer's system and editing it directly is a temporary fix at best
> (actually, it's scary looking at one of those scripts and we normally
> don't do it).  However, searching configure for "hamlib" may give you
> an idea of where it's looking.  Perhaps whoever generated configure
> erred by not having it look in /usr/local/include/hamlib assuming
> that it will always be in /usr/include/hamlib.
>
> HTH,
>
> 73, de Nate >>

From looking at the script, I think that configure uses the variable
$LIB to do its processing, but uses that variable for each library it
needs to process.  IOW, $LIB gets assigned different values during the
configure.  I can't figure out how to assign it to
=/usr/local/include/hamlib.

I did run the configure with '--enable-hamlib', which is when I get the
error message that the hamlib libraries aren't found.

--
73, Jim N0OCT