tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Hamlib + tlf + FreeBSD

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Hamlib + tlf + FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:30:19 -0600

* address@hidden <address@hidden> [2006 Nov 15 16:54 -0600]:
> Once again, the vagaries of FreeBSD rear their heads.  This
> question is more for the user base than for the developers,
> but has anyone been successful in configuring and building
> tlf on a FreeBSD machine with the hamlib library support?
>
> I've built the hamlib libraries from the FreeBSD ports, and
> also built tlf that way, but no options are offered during
> the build for hamlib support.  So, I deinstalled it, and
> decided to try to build it by hand.
>
> When I run ./configure, it fails with:
> configure: error: Hamradio control libraries not found..

I take it this is TLF's configure script?

> Once again, IANAP [I am not a programmer], and can't find
> where in any of the configuration [or other] files I can
> manually set the location of the hamlib library.  It is
> found in /usr/local/include/hamlib on my machine.

This should work as it is the generic location for the Hamlib header
files when it is built locally.  Is rig.h there?  What are its
permissions?  It should probably have 0644 at a minimum.  Can you as a
normal user cd into /usr/local/include/hamlib and view rig.h and other
files?

> Anyone figured this one out?  Thanks.

The configure script is generated from other scripts on the developer's
system and editing it directly is a temporary fix at best (actually,
it's scary looking at one of those scripts and we normally don't do
it).  However, searching configure for "hamlib" may give you an idea of
where it's looking.  Perhaps whoever generated configure erred by not
having it look in /usr/local/include/hamlib assuming that it will
always be in /usr/include/hamlib.

HTH,

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.