speechd-up

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: speechd-up
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 12:27:19 +0200

Hi,
On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 11:00:39AM +0200, Hynek Hanke wrote:
> On 31.7.2010 10:25, Jan Buchal wrote:
> > Well, it is not easy. :-)

Yepp, that's the reason why i have asked :-).

> I'll describe the hackish setup in which it is possible
> to run. Basically, you make BrlTTY talk to your
> user Speech Dispatcher by fooling it to think it
> runs as user while it really runs as root.

Ok I am aware of these hacks, because i use it on my machine for sbl.
With one little difference:
I use inet socket communication to speech-dispatcher bound to localhost.
This way I can use my usersession speech-dispatcher for sbl but need one
small restart.
Unfortunately this must be fixed (for endusers).
I thought that you have found a clean way for solving this problem.
I hacked something in sbl to run it in a usersession together with Marco
Skambraks but we had serious problems with the braillesupport and the
keyboard daemon because it needs access to /dev/input/uinput and
/dev/input/eventX.
Many other things don't work as user and giving the user all needed
access woun't improove security :-(.

@trev I don't like your idea patching the login programm.
1. Not all systems are using the same login programm
2. What about boot messages?
After my sbl starts, I can read almost the whole boot mesagges when I
use the scroll feature.
This doesn't need the user to log in.
3. It would produce one more isolated application :-(.
BR.
halim