Ibmtts: Could not create ECI instance.

From: Sébastien Hinderer
Subject: Ibmtts: Could not create ECI instance.
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 19:42:46 +0200

Dear Hynek,

> this is a different situation now. One possible problem is that
> you are trying to use OSS for audio output. Is this really what
> you want? Isn't the audio device blocked? I strongly suggest
> to use ALSA as the DefaultAudioMethod in speechd.conf.

According to speech-dispatcher's documentation, using ALSA as the audio
output method is the default.
To be sure, I uncommented the line
AudioOutputMethod "alsa"
in speechd.conf
However this changed nothing: ibmtts continued to use OSS rather than
ALSA, so it looks as if it doesn't take the configuration of
speech-dispatcher into account.

Is there a way to ensure that ibmtts really has support for ALSA (in
case this support can be turned off somehow).

Thanks in advance for any help,
S?bastien.