Ibmtts: Could not create ECI instance.

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: Ibmtts: Could not create ECI instance.
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:16:42 +0200

On Mo, Okt 20, 2008 at 08:55:46 +0200, Francisco Javier Dorado Mart?nez
(Tiflolinux) wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have same problem on Ubuntu Hardy 8.0.4.1 it worked properly on 8.04
> but not in revision 1.
> I get error registering ECI when running the "say" application that
> comes with Voxin IBMTTS distribution.

This should work with padsp.
It was not a good idea to switch to pulseaudio.
Check that your speech-dispatcher user is member of group pulse-access.

Another question is:
Are you trying to run  the say app from a textconsole?
AFAIK there is no pulseaudio running at this time.
You have to start pulseaudio initprocess
BR.
Halim