Ibmtts: Could not create ECI instance.

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Ibmtts: Could not create ECI instance.
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:37:29 +0100

S?bastien Hinderer wrote:
>> Based on the logfiles you have sent, it seems as if you were
>> using and old version of ibmtts module (before 06/2008) with
>> a new version of Speech Dispatcher.
>>

> That may be true actually !
> The installed version of ibmtts is the one provided by
> <URL:http://voxin.oralux.net>
> More precisely:
> $ apt-cache policy speech-dispatcher-ibmtts
> speech-dispatcher-ibmtts:
>   Install? : 0.6.1-2voxin1

Well, 0.6.1 is very old, that won't work. There has been a change
in the method of handling audio initialization in 0.6.7 and it is
not backward compatible.
> The thing is, they are no available for free, so it may be good to be
> able to have a recent version of the TTS!

I don't understand, could you please explain?

I think you should use your voxin with the IBM TTS output module
in Speech Dispatcher 0.6.7, I think this is a newer version of the
same code though I'm not sure about it as I don't know what is
exactly contained in the package you speak about.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke