sks-devel

Re: keyserver.insect.com GDRP takedown request

From: Wiktor Kwapisiewicz
Subject: Re: keyserver.insect.com GDRP takedown request
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 11:20:53 +0200

On 27.05.2022 10:47, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
We have received the same take down request from Mr. Puerto as several other
keyservers under GDRP.

IMHO Mr. Puerto must show some evidence first about the key to delete
belongs to him. Otherwise any impostor can make delete other guys' key.

This is actually pretty easy - they could cleartext sign a piece of text.

IANAL but the GDPR takedown processes I've seen also required proving that the person asking for the takedown is the same person that the personal information point to. Usually this required sending scanned ID documents or something like that (yep, painful).

Kind regards,
Wiktor