sks-devel

Re: keyserver.insect.com GDRP takedown request

From: Jeremy T. Bouse
Subject: Re: keyserver.insect.com GDRP takedown request
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 00:10:49 -0400

Probably really needs a lawyer as IANAL, but from my reading of it the US business compliance appears to revolve around "buying and selling of goods and services to those inside the EU" so if you take that to be very literal, SKS servers are not "buying and selling" as it is a free public service. With that said and again IANAL it would seem that SKS in this case operated within the US could be protected under safe haven laws as SKS merely facilitates the data transfer though servers that actually enact censoring of keys (blacklists) could potentially violate that... Good question nonetheless.