Re: installation

From: Steve Traylen
Subject: Re: installation
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 21:33:04 +0100

On Thu, 2 Nov 2023, 20:53 Brielle Shope, <bmt5hv@virginia.edu> wrote:

Hello,

I am a graduate student wanting to access my school computer remotely from home. How do I install Screen on my computer? My computer at home is Windows and the one at school is Linux. I found the screen-4.9.1.tar.gz file but I do not know what to do with the file once it has been downloaded.

If you want to login from Windows remotely to Linux the an easy tool to use would be Putty.

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

While screen might be useful to you later to run at school once you connect it's not a tool  to make a remote connection.

Thank you,

--

Brielle Shope

Virginia Space Grant Consortium Fellow

University of Virginia, Dept. of Chemistry