[Savannah-dev] Re: Simple member request gives manager rights

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: Simple member request gives manager rights
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:40:44 +0100

Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> said:

> On 2004.01.14 16:00, James E. Blair wrote :
>> We appreciate your offer, and once the immediate issues with Savannah
>> are resolved, we will contact you.
>
> Any progress? :)
>
> But I write because there is a bug in Savannah which makes my user
> state hybrid:
>
> I am not member of Savannah Administration, but "Waiting for approval",
> and this still gives me *full rights* (technician and manager) on Help
> Requests and Bug Reports.
>
> I submitted a bug report to the savannah administration project on that
> point (and the other side effects), and I could assign it to you
> (corvus) - though you may not have seen it:
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7291.
>
> I suppose this applies to any membership request. Could you fix that?

Note first that you hit the wrong mailing-list and the wrong project,
since the savannah software is more or less unknown by most savannah
hackers, since the trackers of the savannah projects are under the
name of project "savannah", not "administration". I think important to
give you that information, since you requested involvement in the
"administration" project.

Now, get to business:
I'm unable to reproduce your bug. Did you checked recently? I thought
I fixed that problem a while ago.

However, I can confirm the two others cosmetics bugs you mention in
your bug report.

The wrong information is the user page need to be fixed. The problem
of you being in the "assigned to" list is weird. Maybe the fact that
you requested membership before I fix the bug triggered something. I
removed your request, would you like to resend your request and retest
whether you are still given full rights on bugs items?

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |