[rdiff-backup-users] Probleme with rdiff on smbfs

From: EliW
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Probleme with rdiff on smbfs
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 00:51:48 -0400

Ok, I am having similar issues and could really use some help.

I'm using a Drobo and mounting it via Samba, and trying to use rdiff-backup to
make backups on it.

When I Was originally mounting it as smbfs ... I was getting an error about
symlinks.

Something like:
assert blah.issym()

So I switch to mounting it as CIFS, based upon internet recomendations.

Now, it's bombing with the same error as mentioned above ... the assert not
upper_a.lstat()

I tried the fix (umount, echo 0< lookupcache, remount)

And it still is giving the same error.

Eli