Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Probleme with rdiff on smbfs

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Probleme with rdiff on smbfs
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 12:07:14 -0400

On Oct 1, 2008, at 11:04 AM, PAtrick Gerber wrote:

I would like to backup my Linux home directory to a (Windows Server) SMB share.

  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/rdiff_backup/fs_abilities.py", line 288, in set_case_sensitive_readwrite
  assert not upper_a.lstat()

Patrick,

Did you try following the directions in the FAQ? There is a specific remedy for the "assert not upper_a.lstat()" error.

http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/FAQ.html#cifs

If those instructions don't work for you, let me know.

Best,
Andrew