Re: [Phptest-users] Exporting phptest database in neutral format?

From: dank
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] Exporting phptest database in neutral format?
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 21:47:26 -0700

John Lacey wrote:
> I don't know if this would help, but phpMyAdmin can export
> to a CSV formatted file ...

Oh, I can just use mysql to dump the database, if it comes to that.

> So far as a true interchange format, if you haven't heard of
> SCORM, you can check out http://www.adlnet.org   In a
> nutshell, it's a standard for learning module sharing and
> doing things such as interfacing and storing data in
> SCORM-compliant LMS or LCMS products.  It sounds like this
> might be a little beyond what you'd like to do

Interesting.  It looks like SCORM is based on some older
aerospace industry standards - see
http://www.aicc.org/pages/down-docs-index.htm -
which put a lot of emphasis on tracking students, but almost
no emphasis on interchange of test questions.

The QTI standard from IMS (the one I posted) is aware of SCORM; see
http://www.imsproject.org/question/qtiv1p2/imsqti_res_bestv1p2.html#1421264

Are you quite sure SCORM defines an interchange format
for test questions and answers?  I was unable
to locate any format definition at adlnet.org.  All I could find
were API specs and sample code, but nothing that looked like
a file format.

- Dan