Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Setting up local mail delivery

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Setting up local mail delivery
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:21:22 -0500

ok, think about this a little.

how will it determine what the "local" user acount is?  phpgw runs via
apache, which runs as a single local user no matter who you are logged
in as.  You can't interact with other local accounts with out some
sort of server process, like an email server or something custom
(lookup sysmailadmin on the forum).

how will it get into the "current email client" without a mail server?
 And how would an email client do anything at all without an email
server?