Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP configuration

From: Des Dougan
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP configuration
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 00:23:35 -0800

Lars,

Thanks for your reply.

At 02:01 11/11/2002, you wrote:
ldap_context: where to search for accounts
ldap_group_contect: where to search for groups(ex:
dc=groups,dc=network,dc=loc)

This is the problem I have - my LDAP server doesn't have any "dc" for accounts or groups. If I leave the setup blank, the "modify" page shows only the last account in the LDAP database and I am unable to login to phpGW as a normal user. There is a thread with more detail from about 3 weeks ago - I've been away on business and am only now catching up with this. My schema looks like this:

dn: dc=douganconsulting,dc=com
ou: person
objectClass: organization

dn: uid=des, dc=douganconsulting,dc=com
o: Dougan Consulting Group
givenName: Des
street: 1952 xx xxxxxxx xxxxxx
sn: Dougan
telephoneNumber: 604-xxx-xxx
l: N. Vancouver, BC  xxx xxx
gidNumber: 1
mail: address@hidden
objectClass: person
uid: des
cn: Des Dougan

This data is followed by the other users on this (test) box.

From looking at the system logs, the lack of these causes a null to be set, so that, like the example below, the filter has no value on the left side of the "|":

conn=42 op=1 SRCH base="dc=DouganConsulting,dc=com" scope=2 filter="(|(uid=*))"

Thanks again,

Des