[Phpgroupware-users] LDAP configuration

From: Des Dougan
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP configuration
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 21:11:51 -0800

I've been trying to understand how the LDAP configuration works (I'm not a programmer, although I can follow simple PHP). My server (the Mitel SME Server Linux distribution) by default doesn't have in its LDAP schema the objects that "ldap_context" and "ldap_group_context" require. This is causing configuration of LDAP to fail. I've gone through the LDAP files in the setup directory, but I'm not able to determine what changes are required to enable me to use LDAP fully.

I'd prefer not to amend the server configuration - I'd like the code to handle these two variables being null if that's possible. I don't have the skills to do it myself. Does the LDAP developer hang out here, and is this change something that would be of value to others?

I really like phpGW, but this is preventing me from rolling it out to clients - it makes managing users too complex for most small businesses.

While I was looking at the code I found that there is a lot of use made of "ldap_search" which I assume is a function that calls ldapsearch, but I couldn't find its definition (I did a grep for it). Is this a function, and if so, what does it provide over and above what ldapsearch gives us?

Thanks,

Des Dougan