Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP configuration

From: Des Dougan
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] LDAP configuration
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 14:53:32 -0800

Following on within this thread, I haven't had much time this week to continue to try to see if I can get LDAP working on my Mitel SME Server Linux distro.

I tried Lars' suggestion of putting my domain name (dc=douganconsulting,dc=com) into the LDAP accounts context field in Setup. However, this had no effect - I still see only the last LDAP database entry displayed in the "Modify" option.

I therefore exported the SQL IDs to LDAP, to see if they would be set up correctly. Generally, this part went OK, although I had to juggle the schema types for my own ID, which already existed in the LDAP database.

Subsequently, though, I have found a problem. I am trying out Timetrack, which is very close to meeting my needs. When I went back into it after migrating to LDAP, it asked me to set it up again. When I hit the link to do that, I get the following SQL error:

Creating TTrack_Managers group and manage_jobs ACL's...
Database error: Invalid SQL: insert into phpgw_preferences values ('10000','a:1:{s:6:"common";a:9:{s:12:"template_set";s:8:"verdilak";s:5:"theme";s:4:"blue";s:10:"dateformat";s:5:"d/m/Y";s:10:"timeformat";s:2:"24";s:7:"country";s:2:"CA";s:4:"lang";s:2:"en";s:8:"currency";s:1:"$";s:9:"maxmatchs";s:2:"30";s:13:"navbar_format";s:5:"icons";}}')

File: /opt/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.preferences.inc.php
Line: 258

Session halted.

I did try to migrate the SQL Groups to LDAP, but they didn't get set up, and I didn't get any error messages. I don't know if that is relevant to this error.

Can anyone shed any light on what's causing the error? I would also like to continue to work with Lars or anyone else who can help to clear up the error (whether a design issue or a bug) that is displayed when using the LDAP Modify screen.

Many thanks,

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group
1952 St Andrews Avenue