Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: isolate groups on one phpgw installation

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: isolate groups on one phpgw installation
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:46:47 +0000

address@hidden wrote*:

>"Bob Crandell" <address@hidden> a écrit:
>
>> When I tested this, I created another database in the same manner as the
>> first
one
>> but with a different name.  You will need a separate database for each
>> domain.
>>
>> Create one of these sections for each domain in header.inc.php.
>>
>> $GLOBALS['phpgw_domain']['test'] = array (
>>      'db_host'       => 'localhost',
>>      'db_name'       => 'test',
>>      'db_user'       => 'phpgroupware',
>>      'db_pass'       => 'password',
>>      'db_type'       => 'mysql',
>>      'config_passwd' => 'password'
>> );
>>
>> $GLOBALS['phpgw_domain']['test2'] = array (
>>      'db_host'       => 'localhost',
>>      'db_name'       => 'test2',
>>      'db_user'       => 'phpgroupware',
>>      'db_pass'       => 'password',
>>      'db_type'       => 'mysql',
>>      'config_passwd' => 'password'
>> );
>>
>> No changes are necessary for Apache.
>>
>> In Header Admin Login, enter the new domain database name.
>>
>> DB Name
>> ____________ Name of Database
>>
>> When you log into /phpgroupware/setup/index.php you enter the domain name and
>> password to create and configure each one.
>
>I think in 0.9.14 updated with CVS this does not work exactly as you
>describe. I did exactly as you describe, I had different databases
>running and header.inc.php configured for the two domains, but when
>trying to configure the second domain with setup/index.php, even
>though the first line read
>phpGroupWare version 0.9.14.000 Setup III - Domain: domain2(mysql)
>the action were taken on the database of domain1.
>I have the doubt that the problem could be cookie related.
>I am sorry for not being able to give more detail, I am only starting
>to try to understand the architecture of phpgw, but I am willing to
>contribute to debug this, if told what tests I could make.
>
>Regards,
>
>Michael

If you can connect to domain2, then I suspect you are looking for a comma that
should be a semicolon, so to speak.  I have the latest cvs update and it still
works on this system.
To review, you are getting something like this:

 Setup/Config Admin Login

Domain:    ________
Password:  ________
 English  Login