[Phpgroupware-users] Re: isolate groups on one phpgw installation

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: isolate groups on one phpgw installation
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:00:18 -0400

I wanted to report about my further experience with setting up
multiple domains in case others have similar problems.

First I wanted to suggest that the relation between phpgroupware
domains and URLS be explicited somewhere. I think the fact that
phpgroupware suggests a domain dropdown box, seems to imply that it is
possible to have two domains with the same URL. My experience shows
that this is not the case.

After I had set up two Aliases for apache pointing to the same
phpgroupware installation http://myhost/domain1 et
http://myhost/domain2, created the database for domain2, edited
header.inc.php, I could not get domain2 installed. the setup page
did not seem to recognise the settings for the domain, sometimes it
said that the applications were installed even if the database was
still empty, and as I said in the last post when reinstalling
applications it emptied the database of the first domain.

Finally I decided to install the second domain on an independent
installation of phpgroupware. Strangely I still had the same problems,
the installation of domain2 altered the database of domain1. I had the
doubt that the problem could be caused by the fact that domain1 and
domain2 had the same database user "phpgroupware" who had privileges
on both databases. It was when I created two independent database
users that I succeeded installing domain2.

Then I tried to delete the directories of installation of domain2, and
enable it as a virtual domain in the first installation. this seems to
work now. the only problem I have, is that when cookies are enabled, I
cannot login to the second domain with Mozilla, without cookies it
works.

Michael