[Phpgroupware-users] Re: isolate groups on one phpgw installation

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: isolate groups on one phpgw installation
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 21:11:13 -0400

"Bob Crandell" <address@hidden> a écrit:

> When I tested this, I created another database in the same manner as the
> first one
> but with a different name.  You will need a separate database for each domain.
>
> Create one of these sections for each domain in header.inc.php.
>
> $GLOBALS['phpgw_domain']['test'] = array (
>       'db_host'       => 'localhost',
>       'db_name'       => 'test',
>       'db_user'       => 'phpgroupware',
>       'db_pass'       => 'password',
>       'db_type'       => 'mysql',
>       'config_passwd' => 'password'
> );
>
> $GLOBALS['phpgw_domain']['test2'] = array (
>       'db_host'       => 'localhost',
>       'db_name'       => 'test2',
>       'db_user'       => 'phpgroupware',
>       'db_pass'       => 'password',
>       'db_type'       => 'mysql',
>       'config_passwd' => 'password'
> );
>
> No changes are necessary for Apache.
>
> In Header Admin Login, enter the new domain database name.
>
> DB Name
> ____________ Name of Database
>
> When you log into /phpgroupware/setup/index.php you enter the domain name and
> password to create and configure each one.

I think in 0.9.14 updated with CVS this does not work exactly as you
describe. I did exactly as you describe, I had different databases
running and header.inc.php configured for the two domains, but when
trying to configure the second domain with setup/index.php, even
though the first line read
phpGroupWare version 0.9.14.000 Setup III - Domain: domain2(mysql)
the action were taken on the database of domain1.
I have the doubt that the problem could be cookie related.
I am sorry for not being able to give more detail, I am only starting
to try to understand the architecture of phpgw, but I am willing to
contribute to debug this, if told what tests I could make.

Regards,

Michael