[Phpgroupware-users] Re: isolate groups on one phpgw installation

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: isolate groups on one phpgw installation
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:00:47 -0400

"Chris Weiss" <address@hidden> a écrit:

> usually just omiting the "http://domain.com"; part from all config vars will
> allow phpgw to just use whatever apache is happy with, if that's what you
> mean.
>
> phpgw calls it a "domain" because that's the most typical use, but it doesn't
> have to be a real domain.

thank you again. if I understand you right, I can have two domains in
the sense of phpgw, and both are accesed with the same URL? Users
juste choose between these domains when they login.

On this assumption I uncommented the block in header.inc.php, which
reads
 $GLOBALS['phpgw_domain']['commposite'] = array (
                'db_host'       => 'localhost',
                'db_name'       => 'phpgw_commposite',
                'db_user'       => 'phpgroupware',
                'db_pass'       => 'secret',
                'db_type'       => 'mysql',
                'config_passwd' => 'secret'
        );

I created the second DB and when I now goto http://mydomain/setup I can
login by giving the second domain and the corresponding password.
But when I now click on "Edit curent configuration" the page has a
warning on the top:
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
/var/www/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.db_mysql.inc.php on line 583

and when I fill in the configuration and click on submit I get

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
/var/www/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.db_mysql.inc.php on line 583

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by
(output started at
/var/www/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.db_mysql.inc.php:583) in
/var/www/phpgroupware/setup/config.php on line 140

Is this a bug in phpgw or is there something I do not understand
correctly?

I am also confused about the relation between domains
and databases. After my first trial failed with the above errors, I
thought maybe I'd have to "Uninstall all applications" and reinstall
first, and thought, the database of the default domain should not be
touched by this. But I realized that taking this action when
configuring the second domain erased all data from the first
domain. Luckily I had done a database dump before.

Regards,

Michael