Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: isolate groups on one phpgw installation

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: isolate groups on one phpgw installation
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 02:25:49 +0000

When I tested this, I created another database in the same manner as the first
one
but with a different name.  You will need a separate database for each domain.

Create one of these sections for each domain in header.inc.php.

$GLOBALS['phpgw_domain']['test'] = array (
        'db_host'       => 'localhost',
        'db_name'       => 'test',
        'db_user'       => 'phpgroupware',
        'db_pass'       => 'password',
        'db_type'       => 'mysql',
        'config_passwd' => 'password'
);

$GLOBALS['phpgw_domain']['test2'] = array (
        'db_host'       => 'localhost',
        'db_name'       => 'test2',
        'db_user'       => 'phpgroupware',
        'db_pass'       => 'password',
        'db_type'       => 'mysql',
        'config_passwd' => 'password'
);

No changes are necessary for Apache.

In Header Admin Login, enter the new domain database name.

DB Name
____________ Name of Database

When you log into /phpgroupware/setup/index.php you enter the domain name and
password to create and configure each one.

I hope this helps.

What would be nice is if someone could write a nice frontend then it would be
handy
enough for ISPs with a couple hundred (thousand?) domains.