partysip-dev

autogenerated files in CVS (was: Re: [Partysip-dev] loop detection)

From: Fredrik Thulin
Subject: autogenerated files in CVS (was: Re: [Partysip-dev] loop detection)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:27:28 +0200

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 09.04, Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> > If you think that it can help, why not.
>
> i really like your attitude ;) i'll have a look at it as soon as i get some
> spare cycles.

I found the spare cycles far sooner than I had anticipated. This might not be
perfect (because I'm not a build guru) but I beleive it is a good start.
Attached are clean.sh which outputs the commands that cleans your local copy
and then cleans CVS, and autogen.sh which is to be used to create all the
*.in, configure etc. when building the CVS version.

I have tried this in the following way :

        * getting a fresh source with 'cvs co'
        * executing the 'rm -f' part from clean.sh
        * running ./autogen.sh
        * compiling as usual, with './configure && make'

and it works for me (tm).

clean.sh is a one time thing, autogen.sh should go into the CVS. When you
release a new version, you should of course do an ./autogen.sh first - users
should not need automake, autoconf, libtoolize etcetera to build the released
versions - only bleeding edge users/developers will need these.

/Fredrik