partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] loop detection

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] loop detection
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 15:04:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Fredrik Thulin wrote:

> With the patch applied, things work as they should and I can call my colleague
> with any of these variants : 1597, address@hidden, address@hidden
> and address@hidden

I'll merge your patch as soon as I can.

> You might not like my indentation. Normally when contributing code I try very
> hard to follow the original author(s) indentation but since the existing code
> is not indented consistently I am instead proposing that you start using
> indent(1) to indent all source. That would make it easier to read and I (and
> others of course) can write code the way I'm used to and just run indent on
> it before submitting patches. I can supply you with my .indent.pro file if
> you wish but I guess you don't since my code does not look like yours ;)

You're not the only one that complains about my indentation.
I'm not against moving to indent. Give me some tips to start with it.

> Also, making patches would be much easier if all the autogenerated files were
> not in CVS. As it is now I have to wade through about a zillion changes in
> Makefile.in and friends to only send you relevant patches. Other projects
> I've worked in have only had the automake/autoconf source files in the CVS
> and a script called autogen.sh that generates a configure script and
> everything else needed for those wishing to compile the CVS version.

If you think that it can help, why not.
Also, there are options for diff so it does not compare some files:
diff -x *.am -x *.in -r dir1 dir2

Bye
Aymeric