partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] loop detection

From: Fredrik Thulin
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] loop detection
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:04:05 +0200

On Tuesday 03 September 2002 15.04, Aymeric Moizard wrote:
> You're not the only one that complains about my indentation.
> I'm not against moving to indent. Give me some tips to start with it.

after looking at it for a few minutes, this .indent.pro creates code that i
wouldn't say differ too much from yours (but of course you have to check,
because i don't know all the details in your indentation ;) ) :

--gnu-style
--indent-level 2
--blank-lines-after-declarations
--blank-lines-after-procedures
--cuddle-else
--space-special-semicolon
--no-blank-before-sizeof
--no-space-after-parentheses
--continue-at-parentheses
--line-length95
--comment-line-length80
--honour-newlines
--case-indentation 2
--space-after-cast
--space-after-for
--space-after-if
--space-after-while

(and in case you are curious, that is the same as i normally use but i have
--indent-level 8 and --case-indentation 8, plus i have --braces-on-if-line).

the above is GNU indent (2.2.7). i beleive BSD indent are slightly different.

to try it out, just put the above in your ~/.indent.pro. if you decide to
start indenting partysip with it, i think one of these files ought to go into
each directory in the source (containing .{c,h} files).

> > Also, making patches would be much easier if all the autogenerated files
> > were not in CVS.
> If you think that it can help, why not.

i really like your attitude ;) i'll have a look at it as soon as i get some
spare cycles.

> Also, there are options for diff so it does not compare some files:
> diff -x *.am -x *.in -r dir1 dir2

that doesn't work with 'cvs diff' unfortunately. i tried putting Makefile.in
in .cvsignore files in my cvs copy but that didn't work either.

/Fredrik