Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ins alt_float using barometer.

From: paparazzi_guy
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ins alt_float using barometer.
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 02:19:55 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I think you might be right. I read about that change as well with
aspirin_v2.2. Unfortunately, we can't switch to v2.1 since we had a lot of
trouble in the past with using the older drivers with our IMU. How does
someone go about getting the master code? (I don't know if that's a stupid
question or not).

Anyways, the reason I wanted to use the barometer was to get a more accurate
reading for altitude and to view the plane's altitude in a more readable
fashion. What I mean by this is that when you use the barometer I believe
the sensor gives you the altitude above ground level. Right now we're using
the GPS to measure our altitude, which is actually decently accurate, but it
always gives you the altitude of the UAV from above sea level and the
altitude of your waypoints from above ground level in the GCS. This can get
confusing when it's one more thing to keep in mind during flight, but it's
something that we can live with. I would think there would be a way to
adjust that but I couldn't see how.

Thanks,
Matthew