Re: [Paparazzi-devel] I2C fault on LISA/L

From: Xavier RIVIERE
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] I2C fault on LISA/L
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 10:12:33 +0200

>> first a clarification: the new I2C driver is not the default yet for a reason.. it is still missing watchdogs.

Ok. But... with the old one, nothing works... The board stay idle, without even the sys_time_led

>> Also the AHRS_ALIGNER_LED is supposed to blink until the aligner is locked (gyro bias initialized) and stay on after that...

That's interesting. It means that in fact, I never saw the system working, 'cause I never saw the aligner locked

Here is my symptom :
- On start, LED blink... value change on "message"... I see I2C exchange with an osciloscope - Then, the AHRS_ALIGNER_LED stop to blink... value don't update... and there is no I2C exchange anymore

>> Only the gyro and mag measurements are not updated anymore?

Yes... and that's interesting too : the baro is still working... and it's on the I2C2 too... so the problem don't come from the I2C routine, as i2csubmit function is still working.

>> It would be great if you could try to debug that: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/DevGuide/JTAG-Debug

Well, in fact, I have a toolchain with Eclipse, so I'm investigating by my side. On my personnal branch, the mag is no working, but only will help from the watchdog, and with the old driver. I will investigate on AHRS today ;)

>> I just added a filed to the I2C_ERRORS message to indicate for wich bus number the errors are reported... >> Would probably be helpful to post the I2C_ERRORS messages you get (after git pull && make).

So far, I have :
- 17 Acknowledge_failure_cnt
- 1 Arbitration_lost
- 5860 Unexpected_event
- Bus number 2

Bus one is lost too, but there is only Acknoledge_failure. It's strange, as I have MKK actuators connect.

>> I'm not sure if one of the devs actually has that exact combination...

Ok... so I will continue investigate