Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Issue with Body_to_Imu and DCM

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Issue with Body_to_Imu and DCM
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:45:47 +0100

Hi Loic,

Thank you for updating the wiki. I had a strange behaviour using the int_cmpl_quat: there was some delay in the thrust command when reducing throttle. So I went back to int_cmpl_euler but I think i need to do more testing with int_cmpl_quat.

Commanded thrust has nothing to do with attitude estimation...(unless you run into lower/upper motor command limits with supervision).

Maybe this problem was related to the level of vibration I had before balancing motoprops...
About the running frequency of the algorithms: is it possible to make sure that the calculation is not too long compared to the sample time? Is it possible that the MCU gets overloaded?

You can't make sure that everything get's computed in time.. or if you meant to just check:
The sys_mon module gives you some information about the timing of the periodic tasks. It will give you a rough average  (over 1 sec) cpu load, perdiodic time, periodic cycle time and min max of these. So your max should not be over the periodic time, otherwise in at least one cycle it took longer to calculate everything and the next one was slightly delayed...