Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Center -- RFC

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Center -- RFC
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:54:25 GMT

You kick ass Pascal!  The new setup is sweet!  I really like the way
it finds all of my airframe files, flight plans, and configuration
files automatically so that I don't have to remember all the
different file names and folder locations.  It's also great to be
able to compile any airframe with any flight plan for flight or
simulation with just a few clicks of the mouse!

And since you asked, I have a few "constructive comments" :)

The file editing launcher is really great but it defaults to Gedit.
I know I could change it to whatever I want in pc_aircraft.ml, but is
there a way to make it simply default to the user's gui-defined
default editor so that it is more universal?

Can you add a simple script in the root folder so that users can just
type "paparazzi" to check/set environment variables and launch the
gcs in one easy step without having to find the supervision folder?
I do this myself with an icon and a batch file but something more
universal in the CVS would be nice for people just browsing/learning
the software.

Lastly, is it possible to combine the "control panel" and "conf" tabs
so that error messages are displayed in the same window when you try
to launch an uncompiled aircraft, etc.?

Thanks for the great addition Pascal!

Jeremy

-- Pascal Brisset <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

a beta version of a new gui for Paparazzi is avaibable from the CVS
source code:

    cvs update
    make
    sw/supervision/paparazzicenter

 It provides the handling of the conf.xml (A/C configuration) and
some
buttons
avoiding the boring (for some users ...) "make" commands to compile
and
upload the airborne code.
 It also includes a new version of the "control panel" (supervision)
manage the agents (processes) of the system. Built-in and
user-configurable sessions (stored in control_panel.xml) are proposed.
 Finally, the GCS may be plugged (default behaviour for built-in
sessions) _into_
this new interface.

Comments are welcome

--Pascal