Re: [Openexr-devel] Color Space Settings

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Color Space Settings
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:12:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010, Jamie L. Finch wrote:

Dear Chris,

   Thank you for your answer.  I have already added the sRGB and Linear from
the EXIF tags.
It would be nice as well to have rec709 supported there.  In LightWave, it you
load a JPEG
or TIFF, it will auto sense the color space now.   I am trying to expand those
setting to
openexr.  Because it is a very popular format now.

The simplistic EXIF tags may simply cause trouble since they are unlikely to be correct if the image has been edited even once (and perhaps not even as claimed by the camera).

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn