Re: [Openexr-devel] Blender + OpenEXR

From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Blender + OpenEXR
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 06:59:13 +0100 (CET)

Ton,

ask Bob Friesenhahn. He has the probably best dpx/cineon implementation
out there in GraphicsMagic including the 16-bit colour management via lcms
on the output side.

While there are are a growing number of people waiting of a clear signal
about the OpenEXR colour management effort, 16-bit integer precission
CMM's are the only open source choice I know of. Namely lcms and argyll.
Both provide commandline tools for processing tiff's.

So, for the input side you'd need to convert first to tiff. Does
anyone know a commandline tool for that?

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas
                                + email: address@hidden
                                + http://www.behrmann.name

BTW: the www site mentioned below seems hacked or partitially down