Re: [Openexr-devel] how to get images in EXR format?

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] how to get images in EXR format?
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:20:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi Andreas,

The easiest way to create OpenEXR images today is to use a program like
Greg Ward's Photosphere.  You need to take multiple exposures and combine
them with Greg's application.  There's also some good information about
this process on Paul Debevec's HDRShop web page, though that application
doesn't support OpenEXR images.

There's at least one digital camera that can create really nice high
dynamic-range images, the Panoscan MK1, but it's pretty expensive.

I don't know anybody who's tried using a DV cam for this sort of thing,
but maybe someone on the list has some experience with it.

-dwh-