Homepage/repository for external packages

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Homepage/repository for external packages
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 23:51:54 +0200

I noticed that is difficult for external packages for which a
Homepage is not declared to understand where the latest code is
available.
In same case I found some hints but a lot are not reported
and in few cases the "Url:" of DESCRIPTION is not properly
converted in the Homepage field (eg tisean):

external packages

bim
bsltl           http://www.nongnu.org/bsltl/ (Homepage)
divand http://modb.oce.ulg.ac.be/mediawiki/index.php/divand (Url not available)
fits
fpl
ltfat           http://ltfat.github.io/ (Homepage)
msh
nan             http://pub.ist.ac.at/~schloegl/matlab/NaN/ (Homepage)
nurbs
ocs
octclip         https://bitbucket.org/jgpallero/octclip (?)
octproj         https://bitbucket.org/jgpallero/octproj (?)
secs1d
secs2d
secs3d
stk             https://sourceforge.net/projects/kriging/ (Homepage)
tisean          https://bitbucket.org/josiah425/tisean (Url)
tsa             http://pub.ist.ac.at/~schloegl/matlab/tsa/ (Homepage)
vibes

also some packages reported as community seems to be
stored somewhere else

mpi             https://bitbucket.org/cdf1/octave-mpi (?)

It will be nice to use the "Url:" of DESCRIPTION
to point at the code site, so that any potential contributors
will know where control latest code, report issue and propose patches.

Regards
Marco