Re: Homepage/repository for external packages

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: Homepage/repository for external packages
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 02:39:53 +0200

Hi Marco,

to obtain a homepage link from the URL field in the DESCRIPTION file is a
relatively new feature. That's why some old packages are missing the homepage
link even though there is a known location. The next release of these packages
would fix that automatically or we could update the HTML documentation.

Any external package should have a homepage, so we should be able to create a
complete list.

I am going to fix that based on your list, thank you. Let's see how many
packages will be left with unknown homepages after that...

Also, we should think about the 'repository' link on Octave Forge for external
packages. It points to our clone of the upstream repository, which is not
up-to-date with current development (except for release time). The SF.net
repository browser can't show any forks unless they are hosted on SF.net
itself. Should we link to the upstream repository as well? Or should we make it
more clear that one only gets a clone of the development repository?

Oliver