modifications fail on installing

From: Sudeepam Pandey
Subject: modifications fail on installing
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 21:42:58 +0530

All,
    I have realized a prototype of the suggestion feature and it can be seen here[1].
There is this problem that I am facing which probably is because I am missing something. I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction regarding this...
   To integrate the prototype feature, I have modified an internal function, scripts/help/__unimplemented__.m to call one of my scripts, scripts/help/__suggestions__.m at an appropriate point. It works perfectly on a built version of octave but fails after I install the same built on my system.
Or in more simplified terms, If I run octave with a ./run-octave, after a successful build, the feature prototype is working fine, but after that when I do a make install, and then test the prototype on the installed version, I get a error saying....

error: '__suggestions__' undefined near line 494 column 9
error: called from
    __unimplemented__ at line 494 column 9

Why is octave able to find my newly added script on the built version but not on the installed version? What exactly am I missing here? Kindly point me in the right direction here...

[1]: https://bitbucket.org/peesu_97/octave/commits/all

Thankyou,
Sudeepam