Re: text/calendar vs application/ics

From: Conrad Hughes
Subject: Re: text/calendar vs application/ics
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 19:40:08 +0000

Ken> The answer's in the mhshow(1) man page:

Thanks Ken; so the man page says that switches like "-type" and "-part"
can "limit and reorder" what mhshow will show, but I guess what I'm
after then is *expanding*, not limiting or reordering.  Adding the
following to my .mh_profile gets me closer to this:

  mhshow: -type text -type application/ics

.. in that it shows application/ics and message text, but I no longer
hear about other attachments — where previously an attached .jpg would
cause a "suppressed" message at the end of show's output, now there's no
mention of it.  So if that's not the right way, then is there an easy
way to get application/ics inlined like text/*?

Alternatively, is there any way of telling nmh that application/ics is
really text/calendar?

Conrad