Re: NMH IMAP GPG

From: Leonardo Taccari
Subject: Re: NMH IMAP GPG
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 19:59:55 +0100

john doe writes:
> Hi,

Hello John,

> As far as I understand it, NMH can not be used directly with IMAP,so I
> would like to use FDM for this.
> If it is possible, I would appriciate any pointers on how to do this?

I basically have the following in fdm.conf:

 | # Pipe to nmh's rcvstore using %[ml] as MH folder
 | action "rcvstore" pipe "/usr/pkg/libexec/nmh/rcvstore +%[ml]"
 |
 | # Populate headers tags needed by rules
 | match "^cc:(.*)" in headers action tag "cc" value "%1" continue
 | match "^from:(.*)" in headers action tag "from" value "%1" continue
 | match "^list-id:(.*)" in headers action tag "list-id" value "%1" continue
 | match "^to:(.*)" in headers action tag "to" value "%1" continue
 |
 | [...]
 |
 | # Public MLs
 | #
 | # All of them have the following form:
 | #
 | #  match string "%[list-id]" to "XXXML" or string "%[to]" to "XXXML" or
string "%[cc]" to "XXXML" actions { tag "ml" value "XXXTAGML" action "rcvstore"
}
 | #
 | # where XXXML can be the ML address or List-Id: field
 | # and XXXTAGML is the MH # folder that will be used

So, for examples these are the two rules to match nmh-announce and nmh-workers
mailing lists and respective store the in the nmh-announce and
nmh-workers folders:

 | match string "%[list-id]" to "nmh-announce[@.]nongnu.org" or string "%[to]"
to "nmh-announce[@.]nongnu.org" or string "%[cc]" to
"nmh-announce[@.]nongnu.org" actions { tag "ml" value "nmh-announce" action
"rcvstore" }
 | match string "%[list-id]" to "nmh-workers[@.]nongnu.org" or string "%[to]"
to "nmh-workers[@.]nongnu.org" or string "%[cc]" to "nmh-workers[@.]nongnu.org"
actions { tag "ml" value "nmh-workers" action "rcvstore" }

...and if the email doesn't match any rule I store them in an INBOX MH
folder:

 | # ...no luck, go to the INBOX!
 | match all actions { tag "ml" value "INBOX" action "rcvstore" }

> An other need for my MUA is the ability to use email encryption/signing
> with GPG.
> For now, I'm not sure how/if I can use GPG with NMH?
>
> Any feedback on the above is welcome.

You can use Neil Rickert's mhpgp that could be found here:

 http://faculty.cs.niu.edu/~rickert/mh/

I just set `rsakey' as an environment variable and then after finished
to compose an email via comp(1) or repl(1), in what(1) prompt you can
just type `e mhsign -m' to sign the email.