Re: nmh imap gpg

From: johndoe65534
Subject: Re: nmh imap gpg
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 10:14:02 +0100

On 1/10/2020 7:32 PM, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
> john doe wrote in <address@hidden>:
>  |On 1/8/2020 4:19 PM, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
>  |> john doe wrote in <address@hidden>:
>  |>|Hello all, and thank you for your answers.
>  |>|
>  |>|On 1/8/2020 3:07 PM, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
>  |>|>> As far as I understand it, NMH can not be used directly with IMAP,so I
>  |>|>> would like to use FDM for this.
>  |>|>
>  |>|> For those of us that didn't know, or have forgotten, FDM is a
>  |>|> fetchmail(1)-alike.  https://github.com/nicm/fdm#readme
>  |>|
>  |>|Is there any alternative to fdm for imap that works well with NMH?
>  |>
>  |> What do you mean by that?
>  |I'm planning to use nmh, which does not support the imap protocol.
>  |One way to use imap with nmh is to use fdm but other then that, I was
>  |wondering what else could be used with nmh to access my e-mail using imap?
>
> That much i had understood.  The question that crossed my mind was
> just what features etc. you need.  For example, we cannot simply
> pass a mail to some consumer, and we do also not support the nmh
> storage format, so either of an intermediate MBOX or Maildir
> storage is required.  But of course you can do things like
>
>   s-nail -A my_account -Y 'file IMAP-ACCOUNT' \
>     -Y 'copy :n %' -Y quit || exit 1
>
> to get new mail copied over to your local $MAIL, and the ||exit
> clause will become increasingly reliable.  Anything better has to
> wait until after v15, which hopefully comes, somewhen.

I'm lost here and would appriciate any help:

I'm currently using Thunderbird/enigmail, my reasons for moving from
TB/enigmail are as follow:
- Subkeys nob supported
- TB moving away from enigmail by implementing built-in support for GPG

I have tried mutt but interface like ncurses/slang is not something I  want.

It looks like mailx/mh could do what I want but I'm not sure how to go
about it.

What I want to do is using imap to access my e-mails, using smtp to send
my e-mails and use GPG to sign/encrypt my e-mails.

Other then knowing what I want/need, I'm clueless on how to go about it?

I don't have a domain name nor, at least for now, will someone else will
use that setup.

P.S.

For starter, sending/replying/receiving e-mails from mail.com is simply
what I would like to have!